Monday, December 31, 2007

A Gambian Christmas carol.

A tad late but here comes a little taste of Christmas in The Gambia courtesy of another PCV.

On the 12th day of Christmas the Peace Corps gave to me:

12 Children crying
11 Donkeys braying
10 Thousand rams a-dieing
9 Cows blocking traffic
8 K left to village
7 Flat-tired geles
6 Bumsters hissing
5 Rock-filled bean sandwiches
4 Men sitting brewing
3 Host mothers laughing
2 Million ants in my hut
1 PCV's Christmas in The Gambia

Happy Holidays! See you all next year!

2 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger gervey43 said...

Just checking. Love, Auntie G

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger gervey43 said...

Dear Mandy,
I had to send the other note to test if my id is working before I wrote a long paragraph only to find out that something was wrong with it! I got it right the first time! :-)
We have a bright sunny day here in Hadley, MA, but the temperature is only 14 F. Our solar collector for hot water however is really cooking with the 80 gal tank from 52 incoming to over 100 F.
We had 2 snow storms this week so know that it is so different from what you are experiening. I was wondering if Alex (5) would be able to fit in your 12 Days of Christmas items into his song. He sang the entire standard version 2 weeks ago when he was here. :-)
Love,
Auntie Gerry

 

Post a Comment

<< Home