Saturday, April 26, 2008

Vacation time!

So tomorrow morning I'm heading out to Sierra Leone for 10 days of yet-to-be-determined activities that may include hiking, snorkeling, and eating lobster meat. This is my first real vacation so I'm super stoked! A few days ago we visited the Sierra Leone High Commission to get our visas. While waiting, we casually inquired as to the best airline to fly to get there, as we hadn't yet purchased our tickets. The man mentioned Slok Air and Belleview but failed to mention GIA, a third airline that we had just learned offered the cheapest flights from Banjul to Freetown. So, I asked, what about GIA? The man, obviously struggling to be diplomatic, said, "Well, their planes come from Cape Verde...and they do this (simulating a propeller with his finger). And we like people visiting our country to be safe so I would say Slok is our number one choice. They have big planes and they maintenance them." Well, we forked over a little extra money for plane maintenance. Hope that makes you feel better mom. :)
Well, I promise I'll post more when I get back!
I miss you all!

Love,
Mandy

1 Comments:

At 5:45 PM, Blogger Katie & Gary said...

Have a wonderful time, Mandy. And be safe! We're anxious to hear all about everything when you get home. Hope you can remember details.

Love you, Auntie Katie & Uncle Gary

 

Post a Comment

<< Home