Philly.
Hey all,
I've finished the staging phase of being a PC trainee. Lots of ice-breakers, formalities, and paper work...blah blah blah. Tomorrow morning we go to a clinic to get our immunizations which include yellow fever, meningitis, hepatitis, rabies, typhoid, maybe a few others I'm forgetting about, and we start our malaria prophylaxis. Then we're pretty much off to the airport from there! There are 24 people in my group and we're all environment volunteers. Everyone is extremely friendly and brought just as much luggage as I did...what a relief! So, for the first week in country I'll be staying near Banjul, the capital, and I should have access to email a least a couple times. After that we're headed 150km up-country (up-river) to our training site called Tendaba Camp...apparently it is also a tourist camp so you might be able to find a website but I haven't tried. We'll be splitting our time between the camp and host families. I'm told that there is internet access at the training site, but no promises, especially because of the inconsistent electricity. Anyway, write me letters! I'll post more when I can!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home